If your dog has itchy skin year-round, regardless of the pollen count or their environment, the problem is nutritional and dietary.
Obsessive licking, scratching, and doggy odour are common signs of yeast imbalance.
There Are Only Two Probable Causes For Your Dog Itching, Scratching, and Licking All The Time
1. Internal Nutritional & Dietary Factors
2. External Environmental Factors
Combination of Both
1. Internal Factors
Year-round itching, scratching, and licking symptoms are usually from internal factors, irrespective of environmental and seasonal changes.
80% of your dog’s immune strength comes from its gastrointestinal system. Therefore, your dog’s health depends on a complex balance within its digestive and gut microbiome.
2. External Factors
Environmental symptoms appear to come and go rather than present constant disruption. You are often in control of external factors. An easy solution to remember is to use natural products whenever possible.
Internal / Nutritional Factors
When your dog’s microbiome is out of balance, all sorts of symptoms appear. Itchy skin and scratching are the most common symptoms of poor gut health.
The two most common causes of itchy skin are:
A. Yeast Imbalance
B. Ingredient Sensitivities
Canine Yeast Imbalance
Common causes of Dog Yeast Imbalance:
- Recent use of antibiotics, other pharmaceutical medications and environmental toxins destroy the natural balance of beneficial bacteria and harmful bacteria in your dog’s digestive system. This imbalance creates a perfect breeding ground for harmful bacteria and yeast imbalance.
- Lack of probiotics
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as IBS and those caused by pathogens disrupt and damage the delicate balance of gut flora
- A history of diarrhoea, vomiting and eating disorders
- Compromised immune system
- Highly processed, refined diets high in carbohydrates (kibble)
- Sugar (yeast feeds on sugars and uses them as an energy source)
- Low-quality protein
Dog Yeast Imbalance – Symptoms
- Eyes: Discharge, discoloured tears, stains
- Ears: Inflamed, waxy discharge, odour, scratching ears often. The inside of the ears appears to be dirty or dark.
- Odour: Healthy dogs do not have a doggy smell. If your dog smells doggy, even after a bath, Yeast might be your beast!
- Skin: Yeast thrives in moist, warm areas, and it can look like dirty skin under the legs, inside the ears and between the toes. Yeast can drive dogs crazy with itching; the more they scratch, the more itches. In addition, they might have bald spots with a distinctive odour, often oily skin and fur.
- Face: Hair loss, blackened skin, itchy and rubbing face with feet.
- Feet: Reddish discolouration. Yeast has a distinctive mouldy odour; Dogs will constantly lick and chew on their itchy feet.
How to stop Yeast Imbalance
Every food ingredient either boosts your dog’s immune system (to keep yeast growth under control) or compromises it, resulting in yeast overgrowth.
1. Eliminate sugars and starches: Wheat, corn, maize, rice, tapioca, barley, whole grain oats, oatmeal, cornmeal, millet, buckwheat, and cassava root.
2. Temporarily eliminate: even the simple sugars found in fruits, carrots, blueberries, apples, cranberries, papaya, bananas, peas, honey – you get the idea.
Daily Prebiotics and Probiotic For Dogs
The best dog probiotics, including for yeast infections, are soil-based (SBOs), such as Bacillus Coagulans, which are a different class of probiotics. SBOs are spore-forming. This means they can form a protective coating that makes them resistant to heat, acid and antibiotics.
Thermostable probiotic bacteria that survives stomach acid and retains its potency in the intestines, where it can relieve gastrointestinal upset, such as occasional gas, bloating, diarrhoea or constipation.
Soil-based probiotics (SBOs) such as Bacillus Coagulans make an ideal choice for protection against yeast infection. SBOs are spore forming. This means they can form a protective coating that makes them resistant to heat, acid and antibiotics.
NutriFlex FloraMax probiotics are blended to address yeast overgrowth and itchy skin problems. FloraMax is a daily probiotic streamlined with zero unnecessary ingredients to help rebalance the flora in your dog’s digestive system.
NutriFlex FloraMax daily prebiotic and probiotic with organic pumpkin fibre aids food digestion, improves nutrient absorption and supports a healthy immune system. FloraMax’s potent yet soothing blend helps rebalance and cultivate proper growing conditions for digestive flora destroyed by antibacterials and environmental toxins. Thermostable and stomach acid-resistant FloraMax delivers superior spore-forming probiotic support.
Four billion CFUs (colony-forming units) of Bacillus Coagulans balance pH, inhibit yeast overgrowth and defend against harmful bacteria by repopulating the digestive system with health-protecting gut bacteria. Plant-based prebiotics block harmful pathogens while feeding the beneficial bacteria that support your pet’s digestive health and regularity.
Your pet’s health starts and ends with their gut, so give them the best chance of maintaining gastrointestinal health for an active, happier and healthier life – naturally.
Canine Ingredient Sensitivity: Symptoms
- Ingredient sensitivities can be extreme or minimal and do not usually require complex testing.
- Ingredient sensitivity may be the culprit if there are no symptoms typically associated with Yeast Imbalance or your dog has more of the following symptoms:
- Constant itching and scratching
- Itchy rear end
- Joint inflammation/limping
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Chronic bloating or gas
- Foul-smelling breath
- Chronic ear infections without other yeast imbalance symptoms
- Hot spots and rashes
Nutritional Allergies: Triggers
Sensitive dogs can have many allergy triggers.
Many allergy triggers hidden in listed ingredients are passed up the food chain to unwitting consumers. The following known allergy triggers are substances and toxins that you will not find listed on product labels:
- Approved farm animal treatments
- Euthanasia compounds
- Rendered livestock feed and low-quality protein
- Modern bulk fillers
- Fungicides, Herbicides and GMOs
Many dogs are also sensitive to the bacteria and fungus commonly found in grain, soy, meat by-products and “meal” of no description.
Other dogs may also react to synthetic, lab-created vitamins, flavour enhancers and dyes.
A dog’s reactions to processing emulsifiers, industrial preservatives, extreme heat and pressure during processing and extrusion-related carcinogens are particularly noticeable.
Did you know?
Processed dog food manufacturers can use ingredients rejected for human consumption, including “4D” types of meat (dying, dead, diseased or disabled)
The most common form of allergy testing:
Traditional Elimination Diet
Eliminate all food your dog has been eating to date and introduce a novel protein. (something the dog has never eaten before). Then, when the dog improves, many suggest gradually re-introducing old food to see when the problem develops again.
The problem is that many people pay little attention to hidden ingredients. Hidden substances and toxins hidden behind listed ingredients determine the quality of the food. Substandard poor, quality food sometimes causes allergic reactions in sensitive dogs.
Common Causes of Canine Allergic Reactions:
- Wheat (the most common food allergen)
- GMO Corn and Grain
- GMO Soy and Soy Products
- GMO Milk and Dairy
- Yeast / Potato / Beets / Peas / Egg
- Beef / Chicken / Lamb
The NEW Elimination Diet
The recommended diet eliminates industrial-grade ingredients, Permanently.
The NEW Elimination Diet is clean food without known allergens hidden behind listed ingredients.
The NEW Elimination Diet starts by eliminating commercially manufactured, over-processed dog foods where there is no accountability for hidden substances and toxins in the food chain.
Many long-term allergy sufferers are amazed to find out it wasn’t the Chicken or Beef in their dog food. Instead, the allergic reaction was from additives used in the chicken feed passed into the chicken, the synthetic flavour enhancers in the food, or some other toxic ingredient lost in the industrial food chain.
Canine Diet: Rule of Thumb
If you can’t buy every single ingredient listed in your dog’s food from the supermarket or farmer’s market, it probably isn’t real food.
Natural Remedy For Your Dogs Itchy Skin: Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Fish oil is an excellent anti-inflammatory for the skin. High in omega 3, it should always be given to itchy dogs, if not all dogs, daily. Studies show fish oil effectively reduces dogs suffering from atopic itch.
The best way to get this into your dog is in the whole sardine form. Ring a few fishmongers, pick up a kilo, and feed whole from frozen is an excellent food for itchy dogs.
Currently, the best source of omega 3’s for itchy dogs is the” enhanced” or purified fish oil capsules from smaller oily fish, like NutriFlex OmegaMax Omega 3. You get a lot of EPA & DHA for your buck, meaning you need much less.
If you have a furry friend suffering from itchy skin, you know the pain and frustration it can cause. But there is hope. NutriFlex FloraMax and OmegaMax Omega 3 are all-natural solutions that can help alleviate your dog’s discomfort and improve their overall quality of life.
NutriFlex FloraMax: Unleash the Power of Probiotics for Your Dog’s Itch-Free Life!
Discover NutriFlex FloraMax – the ultimate daily probiotic designed to transform your dog’s digestive health and restore their lustrous coat. Say goodbye to yeast overgrowth and itchy skin problems!
Natural Remedy For Canine Yeast Imbalance: FloraMax Probiotics For Dogs
- Revolutionary Formula: FloraMax combines prebiotics, probiotics, organic pumpkin fibre and l-glutamine for the perfect digestive balance.
- Immune Booster: Fortifies your dog’s immune system for overall health and vitality.
- 2 Billion CFUs: Powerful Bacillus Coagulans strains that resist stomach acid and heat, providing superior support.
Your Dog Deserves the Best
- Targeted Itch Relief: Experience the joy of seeing your furry friend free from scratching and discomfort.
- Improved Nutrient Absorption: Optimise your dog’s digestion and unlock their full potential.
- All-Natural Solution: No unnecessary ingredients, just pure probiotic goodness.
- ResultsTrusted by Professionals: NutriFlex FloraMax is the top choice among veterinarians for combating itchy skin and promoting gut health.
- Happy, Healthy Pets: Join thousands of satisfied pet owners who’ve witnessed the transformation FloraMax brings.
NutriFlex OmegaMax – Feed Omega 3 for Dogs
Made from the purest, most potent fish oil, NutriFlex OmegaMax Omega 3 is an excellent way to reduce your dog’s skin inflammation. With high omega 3, it is an essential part of your dog’s daily diet. In addition, studies have shown that fish oil effectively reduces atopic itch, making it a must-have for itchy dogs.
But how can you ensure your dog gets the right amount of fish oil? The answer is simple: whole sardines. You can provide your dog with the best possible source of omega 3’s by ringing a few fishmongers and picking up a kilo of whole sardines. And feeding them whole from frozen is an excellent way to provide your dog with a tasty and nutritious treat.
Of course, we understand that only some have the time or resources to buy and prepare whole sardines for their dog. That’s why we’ve created NutriFlex OmegaMax Omega 3. Our enhanced and pure fish oil softgels are derived from smaller oily fish and are the best source of omega 3’s for itchy dogs. You get a lot of EPA & DHA for your buck, meaning you need much less. And best of all, our softgels are easy to administer, so your dog can get the relief they need without any hassle.
OmegaMax Omega 3 Key Benefits:
- Reduce dog’s skin inflammation
- High in omega 3, an essential part of your dog’s daily diet
- Reduces atopic itch
- Enhanced and purified fish oil capsules derived from smaller oily fish
- A lot of EPA & DHA for your buck, meaning you need much less
- Easy to administer softgels for hassle-free relief